How Family Relationships Can Help With Family Immigration Law

Lisa JacksonNovember 23, 2022

Using the services of a qualified Atlanta family immigration attorney can help you get the paperwork done quickly and efficiently. Whether you are filing a petition for an alien relative, or for a spouse who wants to become an immigrant, there are several things to consider.

Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)

Obtaining an immigrant visa is the first step towards a permanent residence in the United States. The Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) under Atlanta Family Immigration Law is one of the foundational steps in the process.

The I-130 Petition for Alien Relative is a federally required application to obtain an immigrant visa. This is the first step in a family-based immigration process that can take up to six months to several years. In addition to filing the I-130, you may also need to file Form I-693, which is an official medical examination report to USCIS.

You may also want to take the time to review the USCIS website. The information contained on the site can be useful for determining which forms to fill out and how much you will need to pay.

A well-crafted petition package can result in fast approval. You may need to pay for a filing fee, depending on the complexity of your case. However, if you're able to file online, you may be able to obtain approval in as little as a few days.

You may also want to contact an immigration attorney for help. An immigration attorney can offer advice on how to proceed with a family green card petition. They can also help you overcome an adverse decision. The best way to ensure that you have a smooth immigration process is to consult with an attorney before you file.

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa

Obtaining a K-1 Fiance(e) Visa may be necessary for some foreign fiances to marry in the United States. The visa allows the fiancee to enter the country and spend up to 90 days in the United States before getting married. After this period, the fiancee must leave the country if she does not intend to get married. If she does not, she may be in violation of United States immigration law and could be deported.

When you apply for a K-1 visa, you are required to prove your relationship with your fiance. The most common mistake made is not proving the relationship's validity properly. Your K-1 visa application will not be approved unless you properly establish the relationship's validity. A lawyer can help you get the correct information to prove the relationship's validity.

The application process for a K-1 visa can take several months to complete. It is advisable to get started on your application several months before the wedding. You can also hire an attorney to help speed up the process. An attorney can also help you prepare all the documents and paperwork you will need.

Once you have completed the application, you will be required to meet with a US Embassy or Consulate officer. This will involve taking a medical examination and completing an interview. The US Embassy or Consulate officer will be reviewing your documents to make sure you are in a legitimate relationship.

Foreign National Spouse Immigrant Visa

Several times, family relationships play a vital role in immigration cases. These relationships can help you avoid a lengthy delay and make your immigration process more efficient. There are several ways to get your spouse a visa. If you are unsure how to start the process, you can hire an immigration attorney in Atlanta to guide you through the process.

Depending on the country you are from, you may be eligible for a Foreign National Spouse Immigrant Visa. If you want to be able to work and live in the U.S., your foreign spouse needs to apply for a visa. The process is not simple and can be complicated.

The process of getting a spouse visa requires a lot of specialized legal knowledge. It can be a difficult process to overcome mistakes made during the initial filing process. If you want to avoid this, you can hire an immigration attorney in Atlanta to help you file your visa.

When you apply for a spouse visa, you must file the Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. This application requires proof of your relationship and documentation of your support. In some cases, you may need to file an Affidavit of Support. If you are unable to prove your financial support, you may need to show assets and a co-sponsor.

After filing the I-130, your spouse will receive a green card within a few months. This visa will be valid for six months. If your foreign spouse has a conditional green card, they will need to file a petition for permanent residency.


Getting help from an Atlanta immigration attorney will help you navigate the complicated process of filing with USCIS. This can help ensure that all important deadlines are met and all necessary paperwork is filed correctly.

A family immigration lawyer can help you understand the process of filing for a green card. They can also explain how the application process works and help you make the right choice.

The family immigration process can be extremely complicated. The wrong decision could cost you a lot of money and time. You can save yourself a lot of stress by hiring an attorney to help you.

If your loved one is living in the United States and you are concerned about their immigration status, you may have to take action. You may need to file an application with USCIS or work with an accredited representative of the Board of Immigration Appeals.

If you're worried about deportation, you may be able to get a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver. This document can help you travel outside of the United States while your application is pending.

There are also special naturalization ceremonies planned for Veterans Day and the Americans Heroes Air Show. There are also community organizations that offer free citizenship classes and other services.

Judith Delus Montgomery

Judith Delus Montgomery is an Atlanta family immigration lawyer with an impressive list of awards to her credit. With a bachelor's degree in marketing from Florida State University and a law degree from Cooley law school, she is more than qualified to help clients navigate the complexities of the immigration process. She's been in practice for almost six years, and is well regarded in the legal community.

Judith is an immigrant who migrated to the US at the age of four. She was raised by immigrant parents and has a background in the legal world. She has a degree in marketing from Florida State University and specializes in landlord/tenant law, immigration law, and consumer law. She is a member of the Georgia State Bar and the Atlanta Bar Association and is a member of the Atlanta Legal Association. She is also active in the Atlanta community.

She is the smartest lawyer you know and has an impressive list of awards to her credit. She is a genuinely nice person, and her office is a fun place to be. A quick phone call to her office will get you on your way to the right lawyer. Judith Delus Montgomery's office is located at the corner of Northpoint and North Druid Drive.

In Finding A Lawyer, we let people talk about people. Not gossips though, we share thoughts and ideas on how people can improve their way of life- whether through smart purchases, clever techniques, or intelligent lifestyles.
Copyright © 2023 Finding A Lawyer. All Rights Reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram